Lufkin, Texas
Featured on Instagram Not resolved

went to Outback in Lufkin, TX and was served bread with mold...ended up in ER next evening due to food poisoning...I think the two might be related seeing as ho I am allergic to mold. The server did not seem to care and brought new bread - the manager did not come speak with us - the other food was delivered cold and while I cannot be 100 percent certain I am pretty certain that I got food poisoning there. I don't think it's right to serve people bread with mold - we will not be going back and would have loved it if someone from Outback would refund the money and pay for the ER visit - probably will not happen because the company does not care about people

Review about: Bread.

I didn't like: Bread with mold, Poor service, Cold food.

1.1
Quality of Food
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Outback Steakhouse Bread
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1500
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Outback Steakhouse?

Submit review

Comments

Lisa_NC

I love how people aren't getting the point and are attacking this person for sharing his experience!

He didn't eat the molded bread,

He's not an ***!

He's saying if they can make this type of mistake with the bread there are most definitely other mistakes being made which is most likely what resulted in the food poisoning..

Most Likely, because you can't say with 100 percent certainty about this kind of thing (although, we all know he did get it from there!)

Moorpark, California, United States #1191395

Nice try, man.You are correct- that bread shouldn't have been served.

But, they apologized and replaced it. Even with the moldy bread, of which you claim to be allergic, you decided to stay and consume a meal prepared by an establishment that can't even pay attention to bread? Further, I would bet dollars to dingos that you were comped a portion of your bill. So, you go to the hospital for stomach issues.

Here's the thing, mold, especially that little and unconsumed, wouldn't give you food poisoning.

There was, however, a noro virus in your area that weekend that got plenty of press coverage.

Not_the_0P

Oh get a job so you can afford to feed yourself. If you noticed mold on the bread and are allergic to mold why eat it?

if you went to the ER, they should have been able to provide with written documentation from the attending ER doctor, verifying you were sick from the moldy bread. It does not sound like you received that documentation. Why not?

Vallejo, California, United States #1183543

Mold on bread does not give you food poisoning. Did you ever hear of penicillin?