Outback Steakhouse - Mold on Bread

114 of 560 Outback Steakhouse reviews

went to Outback in Lufkin, TX and was served bread with mold...ended up in ER next evening due to food poisoning...I think the two might be related seeing as ho I am allergic to mold. The server did not seem to care and brought new bread - the manager did not come speak with us - the other food was delivered cold and while I cannot be 100 percent certain I am pretty certain that I got food poisoning there. I don't think it's right to serve people bread with mold - we will not be going back and would have loved it if someone from Outback would refund the money and pay for the ER visit - probably will not happen because the company does not care about people

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Bread
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #876859 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Outback Steakhouse? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
114 of 560 Outback Steakhouse reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lisa_NC

Oct 04 #1222393 Sunrise, Florida, United States

I love how people aren't getting the point and are attacking this person for sharing his experience!
He didn't eat the molded bread,
He's not an ***!
He's saying if they can make this type of mistake with the bread there are most definitely other mistakes being made which is most likely what resulted in the food poisoning..
Most Likely, because you can't say with 100 percent certainty about this kind of thing (although, we all know he did get it from there!)

0 0 Reply

Jul 28 #1191395 Moorpark, California, United States

Nice try, man. You are correct- that bread shouldn't have been served. But, they apologized and replaced it. Even with the moldy bread, of which you claim to be allergic, you decided to stay and consume a meal prepared by an establishment that can't even pay attention to bread? Further, I would bet dollars to dingos that you were comped a portion of your bill. So, you go to the hospital for stomach issues. Here's the thing, mold, especially that little and unconsumed, wouldn't give you food poisoning. There was, however, a noro virus in your area that weekend that got plenty of press coverage.

1 0 Reply

Jul 12 #1184081

if you went to the ER, they should have been able to provide with written documentation from the attending ER doctor, verifying you were sick from the moldy bread. It does not sound like you received that documentation. Why not?

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Outback Steakhouse. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Outback Steakhouse.
Filing a new complaint about
×